I blog for the hell of it.


Sunday, August 28, 2011

My Day: 28 August 2011

Well, Hurricane Irene has pretty much cleared out of our area. Didn't do an enormous amount of damage right around this part of Northern Virginia, although many other areas were hard hit. We didn't even lose power this time, which is very unusual. I'm getting really weary of all this extreme weather. I grew up in Texas, so I'm used to extremes, of course. But since I've lived in Virginia I've been through a tornado, an earthquake, and several vicious hurricanes -- never had experiences like that in Texas.

On a happier note: Today was our wedding anniversary. We had sort of planned an anniversary trip to NYC this year, but never got around to doing anything definite about it. As it turns out, that was a good thing since Irene is now moving up the East Coast. Instead, we took a drive over to Shenandoah National Park -- I think Michael's happier there than he would have been in the Big Apple, anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my blog! And thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to hear from visitors. From time to time, though, I might have to moderate comments. I know that's not very hospitable, so I try to do it only for posts that are more than a week old.