I blog for the hell of it.


Thursday, March 4, 2010

I Love a Parade

So why does your blog have such a weird name?

I knew you were going to ask that.

It's called what it's called because I'm an old broad (better that than a little old lady), and I'm putting myself on parade out here in the blogosphere. Right?

Actually, though, "Old Broad on Parade" or "Old Broads on Parade" is a phrase that's been running around in my head for years – long before there was a blogosphere to go parading around in. I just didn't have any real use for it until now. Once upon a time I thought it might make a good title for a musical comedy, if I ever wanted to write one (I wrote the theme song, but never got any further). Or maybe a national publication aimed at the Boomer-and-beyond generation. But alas. Now it's just ended up as the title of one more obscure pile of rants out here in cyberspace.

Life goes on.

So this is my first real post on this blog. I have others. Blogs, that is. I have a book blog (A Little Reading, which I consider my main blog), and a blog that I use for posting memes and photos and other little fillips (Joysweb). But I'm thinking that this blog (OBOP, for short) is going to be mostly a journal-type blog. Just for my daily thoughts and trivia. I don't really expect to try to build a readership, so I'm not too worried about style or content. Should be fun, if I can keep it going. Let's just see what emerges (as Jerry Brown used to say).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my blog! And thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to hear from visitors. From time to time, though, I might have to moderate comments. I know that's not very hospitable, so I try to do it only for posts that are more than a week old.