I blog for the hell of it.


Saturday, August 20, 2011

My Day: 20 August 2011

Depressing day. Spent an hour or so doing some clear-out work in one of our storage rooms. Naturally, we picked one of the hottest days of the year. Much of the stuff filling up the space belonged to my mother, and hasn't been looked at since she died ten years ago. Not heirlooms -- just her stuff, and a lot of it not really usable or worth hanging onto. And I know we can't keep everything -- certainly don't want to have to move it to Texas with us. But the thought of getting rid of it is still painful, even after all this time. I feel like it's my mother I'm throwing away.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my blog! And thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to hear from visitors. From time to time, though, I might have to moderate comments. I know that's not very hospitable, so I try to do it only for posts that are more than a week old.