I blog for the hell of it.


Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Monday Check-In (on Tuesday)


OK, so I missed Monday. Actually, the whole month of March has been sort of a blur, so far. Don't know why it's gotten past me so quickly, especially since February seemed to drag on and on and on and on and on and . . . well, you get the point.

Anyway, I was going to start a little weekly wrap-up post yesterday – a sort of review of the week just gone by. But obviously I've already let things slip – my usual pattern. I've been neglecting my blogging activities lately, letting real life get in the way. Don't like to do that, but sometimes stuff just happens. I have been getting a bit of reading done, though, which is good for my book blog. But my other blogs have suffered from the lack of attention. I'm wondering if I shouldn't just divide up all the various memes and features between this blog and my book blog, and let Joysweb die a natural death. Something to think about.

But, hey! It's spring! The new season officially began this weekend (Saturday?), and we actually had a few really lovely springlike days. This year, for the first time in a long while, we seem to have everything starting up at the same time. The crocuses and daffodils are coming up, the forsythia is blooming, and all the trees have little buds about to pop open. No azaleas yet, but the cherry trees have tiny blooms; and they're supposed to be at their peak in a couple of weeks, just in time for the annual Cherry Blossom Festival in DC. I'm hoping to go get a peek at the trees around the Jefferson Memorial this year, since it might be the last chance I get before we move away from this area. But if not, the trees right here in Northern Virginia are always pretty spectacular, too. I need to get out and take some photos in a day or two, after everything gets just a little further along. In the meantime, here's a shot of some of the crocuses and daffodils coming up in an area where there was a huge pile of soot-encrusted snow just a week or so ago.


More to come . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my blog! And thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to hear from visitors. From time to time, though, I might have to moderate comments. I know that's not very hospitable, so I try to do it only for posts that are more than a week old.