I blog for the hell of it.


Sunday, March 7, 2010

030710: Random Musings

Reading the comics this morning, M said that in the old days (remember them?) he always used to identify with Dennis the Menace, but now he identifies with Mr. Wilson. Fortunately, he doesn't look like Mr. Wilson, and I don't look like Mrs. Wilson – yet.

And speaking of the comics, we noticed this morning that quite a few of the strips had puns as their central theme. (Well, M noticed – he's the one who reads all the funnies, faithfully.) Was today National Pun Day, or something? (Punday – get it?) When that happens, I always wonder if it was really just a coincidence, or if the artists all got together and planned it, like high school kids all plotting to wear purple socks on Tuesday or something. And do high school students still do things like that? I suppose these days, if they want to irritate their teachers, they just bring their attack weapons to class – AK-47s are much more effective than those purple socks.

And what does that have to do with the comics? (I hear you ask.) Well, nothing, actually. These are random musings, after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my blog! And thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to hear from visitors. From time to time, though, I might have to moderate comments. I know that's not very hospitable, so I try to do it only for posts that are more than a week old.