I blog for the hell of it.


Wednesday, March 24, 2010

032410: Random Musings

Checked my email on my Pre last night before I went to bed, and noticed a message from GoodReads saying I'd won a book in the First Reads program. So I signed in this morning and found that, lo and behold, I had. I'm supposed to be getting Live to Tell, by Lisa Gardner – I've seen her on TRU-TV. Very good! I won one of the First Reads giveaways once before, about a year ago; but the book never arrived. So now if the book actually shows up this time, I'll be really happy.

A bit of sad news today: Robert Culp died this morning after falling and hitting his head, while he was out walking near his home in the Hollywood hills. He was 79. He was always one of my favorites – even before he starred with Bill Cosby in "I Spy" on TV in the '60s. Of course, he'd been around for years before that, and I especially liked him in the "Demon With a Glass Hand" episode of "Outer Limits." But "I Spy" was great, too. I always loved the off-hand humor tossed around between the Cosby-Culp characters, and the exotic locales. And I especially loved the way they dressed – all those tennis shirts and white sneakers gave it a very spiffy, mid-1960s American look that was extremely appealing and cool. Beach Boy chic. And Culp was, of course, very good-looking no matter what he was wearing – that was certainly another attraction. If I wasn't so determined to fight nostalgia whenever it rears its ugly head, I might say it's just about time to see if "I Spy" is available on DVD.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my blog! And thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to hear from visitors. From time to time, though, I might have to moderate comments. I know that's not very hospitable, so I try to do it only for posts that are more than a week old.