I blog for the hell of it.


Sunday, September 18, 2011

My Day: 18 September 2011

Well, here we are – number 65! How can I possibly be this old? I always used to think it was funny when my elders said that. After all, they'd always seemed old to me! But now I know exactly how they felt. Old age has crept up on me and smacked me from behind.

Well, actually, I look more like it’s jumped out and punched me in the face!

Don't really feel any older though, and I've been pretty good about ignoring it until just the last week or so. But the past few days have been really depressing. Happily, Michael was great – surprised me with a little chocolate birthday cake, along with "Happy Birthday" paper plates and napkins. Then he made my favorite grilled salmon for dinner, even though the weather wasn't really perfect for such activities.

So, all things considered, it wasn't such a terrible day. I even got a little reading done. Oh, and the Cowboys won – now that's a great birthday gift, right?

2 comments:

  1. A belated Happy Birthday Wish, to you.

    Happy Harvest Home Time...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is that part about not feeling any older that gets ya, isn't it? Right there with you.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my blog! And thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to hear from visitors. From time to time, though, I might have to moderate comments. I know that's not very hospitable, so I try to do it only for posts that are more than a week old.